Wednesday 28 December 2011

A BEAUTIFUL STORY FROM A FRIEND:

JUST  LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW FOR A MINUTE, AND THEN  READ THE REST. IT WILL TOUCH YOU DEEPLY, AND IF  NOT, THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR  PULSE.   

 I  was privileged to take a photo of 'Five Generations of  Women' shortly before my 93 year-old  Grandmother passed away last year.  The  photo, shown below, features the hands of my  Grandmother, Mom, Sister, Niece and  Great-Niece.. While I can't take credit for the  idea, I was so happy to have had the suggestion  & capture this moment. It inspired a friend  of mine to do something similar, which turned  out so beautiful it became a special keepsake,  prior to her father's passing. 
Grandma's  Hands  

 
GRANDMA'S  HANDS  A must read to the end....  please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma, some ninety  plus years, sat feebly on the patio bench. She  didn't move, just sat with her head down  staring at her hands. 

When I sat down  beside her she didn't acknowledge my presence  and the longer I sat I wondered if she was OK

Finally, not really wanting to disturb  her but wanting to check on her at the same  time, I asked her if she was OK. She raised her  head and looked at me and smiled. 'Yes, I'm  fine, thank you for asking,' she said in a clear  voice strong. 

'I didn't mean to disturb  you, grandma, but you were just sitting here  staring at your hands and I wanted to make sure  you were OK,' I explained to her. 

'Have  you ever looked at your hands,' she asked. 'I  mean really looked at your hands?' 

I  slowly opened my hands and stared down at them.  I turned them over, palms up and then palms  down. No, I guess I had never really looked at  my hands as I tried to figure out the point she  was making. 

Grandma smiled and related  this story: 

'Stop and think for a moment  about the hands you have, how they have served  you well throughout your years. These hands,  though wrinkled, shriveled, and weak, have been the  tools I have used all my life to reach out and  grab and embrace life. 

'They braced and  caught my fall when as a toddler I crashed upon  the floor. 

They put food in my mouth and  clothes on my back. As a child, my mother taught  me to fold them in prayer. They tied my shoes  and pulled on my boots. They held my husband and  wiped my tears when he went off to war.

'They have been dirty, scraped and raw ,  swollen and bent. They were uneasy and clumsy  when I tried to hold my newborn son. Decorated  with my wedding band they showed the world that  I was married and loved someone  special.

They wrote my letters to him and  trembled and shook when I buried my parents and  spouse. 

'They have held my children and  grandchildren, consoled neighbors, and shook in  fists of anger when I didn't understand.

They have covered my face, combed my  hair, and washed and cleansed the rest of my  body. They have been sticky and wet, bent and  broken, dried and raw. And to this day when not  much of anything else of me works real we ll,  these hands hold me up, lay me down, and again  continue to fold in prayer. 

'These hands  are the mark of where I've been and the  ruggedness of life. 

But more importantly,  it will be these hands that God will reach out  and take when he leads me home. And with my  hands He will lift me to His side and there I  will use these hands to touch the face of  Christ.' 

I will never look at my hands  the same again. But I remember God reached out  and took my grandma's hands and led her home.

When my hands are hurt or sore, or when I  stroke the face of my children and husband, I  think of grandma. I know she has been stroked  and caressed and held by the hands of God

I, too, want to touch the face of God  and feel His hands upon my face. 



GOOD NIGHT WORLD! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment